I've noticed a frustrating tendency lately - Priit has begun to make a lot of mistakes while speaking Estonian. Saying "söösin" instead of "sõin", "poodis" instead of "poes", "oasid" instead of "ubasid", "loesime" instead of "lugesime" etc. All the same type of mistakes, the ones which foreign speakers tend to make. The input of Estonian language hasn't been sufficient recently, I guess. Although I talk to him almost always in Estonian, he doesn't hear it being used by lot of people. Or perhaps it's just normal for this age to make these grammatical mistakes? Anyway, I've switched back to Estonian books. On the contrary, his English improves at daily bases. He formes pretty good long sentences, even uses auxillary verbs. Tends to use "did" instead of "do" though. But it's so cool to watch how he communicates with Peter and Geeper and his friends.
It seems that we've entered into the rain period now. It has been raining for 2-5 inches every day and there has been heavy thunderstorms. It's quite amazing that there hasn't been any problems with the electricity. It's really good that all the electricity pipes are under the ground in this town.
It's still very hot, in mid 90s of F and humid. Feels like a tropical climate, at least how I imagine a tropical climate. It's good that I have this subject, weather, to discuss with my father now. He has always been so keen about weather changes and the certain question which he asks every time we talk to is: What's the weather like?
Our garden looks like a jungle - all the plants are tall, with deep green leaves, weeds have taken power. We started our fight with them yesterday with Priit. He is a really big helper. He likes to do "real work" - wash dishes, wipe the floors, help me with laundry.... a big boy he is already.
Thursday, August 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for visiting and putting New Orleans Daily Photo in your favorites. I was really taken aback by your first sentence I read in your blog about a "frustrating tendency lately" pretty polished stuff.
--steve buser
New Orleans Daily Photo
To steve buser: thank you for stopping by and commenting!
I like your blog and your photos a lot - a daily dose of Southern air for me. I've never been to New Orleans, but somehow this city seems to have an inexplicable charm and call.
Post a Comment