Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Lapsus

I made a terrible spelling mistake in a yesterday's post using "mashine" instead of "machine" for three times. I remember while writing it, it sounded awkward, still "c" didn't seem correct to use either. And I was evidently too lazy to stand up and take a dictionary from a shelf or use some online dictionary. Today, after waking up, it was almost a first thought in my mind: Oh, my, I made such a silly mistake yesterday! :) So here it is in its correct form for me to remember forever - MACHINE. (I wonder if this lapsus has a meaning too. What would Mr Freud say?)

2 comments:

Steve Buser said...

I think you may have been thinking about a washing machine I once had. Mashine might have been a good description. It wasn't washing so much as it was mashing the clothes.
--steve buser
New Orleans Daily Photo

preilijuly said...

Thank you for your kind explanation, Steve! And I had always thought that you have only excellent washing machines here :).
I think, I remember the word "to mash" forever now.