Monday, August 13, 2007

The Fair

We spent almost the whole day at the fair yesterday. I liked it. Our first Iowa State Fair. Peter thought that we should have had a special dinner out for our anniversary occasion, but I rather had this fun day together.
I'd say that it was quite a cosy feeling out there - lot of friendly people; I really like "farm people" (they don't seem to be fakely pretentious), older men showing their old engines - these people awake warm feelings inside. There was an old washing machine, from about the year 1927 if I remember correctly. Hmm.... at that time my grandparents got married and they couldn't even dream of such a luxury. But the farm machines seemed quite familiar to those which I remember from my childhood - an old tractor which my grandfather's neighbour had, looked quite the same and the "hay-making" machines were familiar too.
Priit and I rode a little train. It was the only attraction he was ready to go - a kind of small "American mountains". It was absolutely fun for me, perfect level for me. Priit probably hold his eyes closed for all the ride, but he was very brave though. We also rode the "air-tram" which was a bit scary for me in the beginning. I was afraid that Priit would freak out because of the altitude, but on the contrary, he was very enthusiastic about doing it once more. He was such an excellent boy! He walked all six hours we spent there, never even asked us to carry him. I love my little boy! His favourites were of course the fountains. All the kids run under the water, all over wet, babies and bigger children, all were having fun.

At night we talked to Peter that in a strange way we haven't found anything which could really irritate us of one another. And I really have to admit that despite being a woman and thus possessing a habit of nagging, I relly don't have a need to nag with him. And it's all happening without us trying to seem perfect or trying to be who we truly aren't. I feel so free in my family. We concluded that it's partly because we laugh a lot together, and that we are not afraid of making fun of ourselves, beside the fact that we care of each other very much. We have had a very good starting to my mind. I'm loved as much as can be. And I love as darely as my heart possibly can.

No comments: