Today we went to the collage library with Priit as I wanted to take some English books and met a lady in the campus. She gave me an email of a woman who teaches ESL classes in the town and introduced us also to a man whos wife is from Ukraine and also a doctor. We arranged to meet up at 7.30 on the playground today. I hope Priit will enjoy other children's company although he can't really walk yet. The man told that they have learned quite a lot about getting a doctor's licence here, perhaps it would help me to make up my mind too.
Fortunately, Priit's foot is much better today, almost not swollen at all anymore. And yesterday he used it pretty well while playing with Brooke and Sydney in the backyard. But it's evidently still really sore to walk on it. We had a row with Pete about Priit's foot and the necessity of the X-ray yesterday. I totally freaked out thinking that it might have been still broken. Ah, I wish I could have managed to hold myself back better.
My learning English
- on a spree - pummeldamas, lõbusalt aega veetmas
- to get thorough - üle elama, taluma, vastu pidama
- to make out - to do, to manage, to to handle affairs, to be successful
- to move ahead - edasi liikuma, edukas olema
- mixed up - segaduses
- to count on / eeldama, millelegi lootma
No comments:
Post a Comment