It's still intolerably hot.... and August is yet ahead. I'd have never thought that climate could be a problem for me. I think the main problem is that it's too humid here. These temperatures (90 - 100 F) would be ok by the sea, I guess.
We caught our first real fish on Friday. A big catfish from Des Moines river. I like it there - nice breeze, sound of water, even the smell of (dead) fish has become more tolerable.
Otherwise tha weekend was a movie marathon. We watched "The Isaland" (with Scalett Johannsen and Ewan McGregor) - Pete liked it a lot, I'd say - a good film; "The Departed" (with Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon and Jack Nicholson) - in the beginning didn't like it and went to bed, tried again next day and found it quite enjoyable despite I don't like to see violance; "Crash" (got 3 Academy Awards) - interesting, reminds me of "Magnolia", makes you think and argue and conclude that there are two mistakes which people make - they don't listen to and they talk too much; "Under the Sun of Tuscany" (with Diane Lane) - nonpretentious, calm and enjoyable watching; "The FamilyStones" (with Sarah Jessica Parker, Diane Keaton) - good enough comedy.
The other interesting movies I've seen lately: "The House of Sand and Fog" - really unpredictable, changed even Pete's view on Iranians... agitated lot of thoughts; "Prestige" - interesting, a bit mystical, balancing on the line between reality and irreality; "Long Way Round" (Ewan McGreror and his friend travelling around the world with motobikes) - very interesting and enjoyable, especially the parts regarding Mongolia and Siberia; "Lake House" (with Sandra Bullock and Keenu Reeves) - story is cool and romance is cool, bases on an Asian film; "Little Children" - again interesting, unpredictable, but left me oddly nausetic; "A girl in the cafe" - different, I enjoyed... there are many others, but I have to go and prepare dinner now, nothing fancy, just leftovers, I'm afraid.
Monday, July 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment