We are off to LA tomorrow morning. Strangely, I'm all calm, no much excitment. What about my dream to see the ocean... we'll be living on the coast!!!
I guess, I'm supressing the underlying feelings - concern, nervousness. About how would the flights go, would I be able to be myself at Peter's mother, would Priit behave properly. The biggest concern is whether I will understand what they talk and whether they will understand my accent. I've always understood Peter very well. He says that he doesn't speak differently with me, but I guess, he does though, perhaps unconscieously - more clearly and slowly.
Peter's brother will show up with his family too. Maybe it's the main reason why I feel a bit anxious. Well, seems that I'm prejudiced, but can't help - after his sarcasm to Peter before we got married, I'd rather not meet him. Like Peter said: D will smile all the time, yet make you cry. I don't like sharpness, more so as I tend to attack back instantly, being sharp myself or overreacting and being too sensitive. I hope that 5 years of experience in dealing with all kind of situations in my professional life, has made my skin thick enough, not to let me to be too bothered.
Well, I shouldn't be preoccupied with these negative thoughts, but enjoy our little vacation. Peter is happy and excited - he is a Californian boy after all, who needs to be there from time to time. So I'd better think positively not to ruin his enthusiasm with my moping. Back to packing...
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment